.

.

Friday 31 July 2015

End of week two.







All the external wood work is now completed and it is time to fill and sand. i still have not decided what paint finish to go with. I don't want to create a replica of the Tumbler so painting it with the same finish might be a mistake. My original idea was to make the Tumbler look like it was made from Iron with a slightly textured hand painted finish adding to the Steampunk effect. Using a textured matt black finish will also help cover any blemishes in the surface, plus will be very easy to fix when it gets chipped, which it will.  The problem is that once I have applied the textured paint it will not be easy to remove if I then change my mind.
I am not sure about the final weight but I can just about move it on my own so the finished weight should be ok.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.